A Fishamble: The New Play Company and Abbey Theatre production
4 - 27 October 2018
Dates: 9 – 27 October
On the Peacock Stage
Free First Preview: 9 October
Times: Mon – Sat 8pm, Sat matinee 2.30pm
Tickets: €25 / Conc. €20
Running Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes (no interval)
Age Guidance: 14+
Please note patrons may find some scenes distressing.
Early Bird tickets available until 28 August.
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 212
Sign language interpreted performance: Thursday 25 October, 8:00pm
Will truth out?
Set over one evening, Rathmines Road is a play that rages in a tiny room.
Fraught, funny and ferocious, this new drama by Deirdre Kinahan challenges the cultural response to accusations of sexual assault.
Following a hugely successful run of Spinning in the 2014 Dublin Theatre Festival, Fishamble is delighted to present Deirdre’s latest powerful and questioning drama. Bristling with tension, Rathmines Road unleashes a brutal truth that affects us all. It is a play that asks: when and how do we take responsibility?
Fishamble is an Olivier Award-winning, internationally acclaimed Irish theatre company, dedicated to the discovery, development and production of new work. In 2018 Fishamble celebrates 30 years of new plays in Ireland through its many productions and extensive development programme.
Images © Patrick Redmond
Thursday 18 October: Gender and Identity
- Roe McDermott (Fulbright Scholar, Hot Press film editor, Irish Times columnist, PhD candidate and writer)
- Robyn McQuaid-O’Dwyer (Theatre and performance maker and facilitator)
- Sara R. Phillips, chair of TENI (Transgender Equality Network Ireland)
- Rebecca Root (actor, playing Dairne in Rathmines Road)
Thursday 25 October: Consent and Reporting Sexual Assault
- Senator Ivana Bacik (Reid Professor of Criminal Law, Criminology and Penology at Trinity College Dublin, and barrister)
- Deirdre Kinahan (Playwright, writer of Rathmines Road)
- Chaired by Gavin Kostick (Literary Manager of Fishamble)
- 4 – 6 October at the Civic Theatre, Tallaght
'This thought-provoking, powerful new play deserves to be seen'
The Sunday Times
'Brave and challenging new work... asks important questions of us all'
The Arts Review
'Intense and riveting theatre... a timely engagement'
The Reviews Hub
'A fine play... a splendid cast'
'A compassionate imagining of one woman’s private torment’
The Irish Times
- Sandra: Karen Ardiff
- Eddie: Charlie Bonner
- Linda: Janet Moran
- Ray: Enda Oates
- Dairne: Rebecca Root
- Writer: Deirdre Kinahan
- Director: Jim Culleton
- Set and Costume Design: Maree Kearns
- Lighting Design: Kevin Smith
- Sound Design: Carl Kennedy
- Dramaturg: Gavin Kostick
- Assistant Director: Karen Stanley
- Fight Director: Ciaran O'Grady
- Hair and Make Up: Val Sherlock
- Fishamble Production Manager: Marie Tierney
- Abbey Theatre Production Manager: Cliff Barragry
- Fishamble Stage Manager: Steph Ryan
- Abbey Theatre Stage Manager: Anne Kyle
- Fishamble Assistant Stage Manager: Sarah Purcell
- Fishamble Production Coordinator: Ronan Carey
- Fishamble Producer: Eva Scanlan
- Abbey Theatre Producer: Jen Coppinger
The Lost O'Casey (Out Of The Abbey)
26 September - 13 October 2018
The Patient Gloria (Brighton)
5 - 9 May 2020
DruidShakespeare: Richard III
3 - 27 October 2018