ANU and the Abbey Theatre
The Lost O'Casey
25 - 30 June 2018
Dates: 25 – 30 June
At the Abbey Theatre
(Meet in the Abbey foyer)
Times: Mon – Fri, 2.30pm, 3.30pm, 5.30pm, 6.30pm
Saturday 12pm, 1pm, 5pm, 6pm
Tickets: €20 / €17 Conc.
Running Time: 55 minutes
Access: The performance crosses multiple levels and involves some stairs. Please specify if mobility is an issue when booking and we will do our best to accommodate those with reduced mobility.
Lost language. Lost city. Lost play. ANU reframe a lost O'Casey play as a searing call to action.
Nannie’s Night Out, Sean O’Casey’s 1924 play for the Abbey exploring motherhood and addiction, had multiple endings – “the ending I wanted, the ending they wanted and the compromise.”
Now reframed as a searing call to action, ANU invite audiences to jump start a thrilling multi-part project: The Lost O’Casey.
Utilising O’Casey’s necessity for the multiple endings in the original Nannie’s Night Out, we invite audiences to tumble through the private recesses of the theatre to ‘experience’ the play and engage with the contemporary changing landscape of Dublin city.
The Lost O’Casey begins in the Abbey Theatre this June. ANU will continue developing this work, with the final presentation in autumn 2018.
The Lost O’Casey is a co-production by ANU Productions and the Abbey Theatre supported by Open Call, Arts Council Ireland.
- Cast: Leanna Cuttle
- Cast: Liam Heslin
- Cast: Gillian McCarthy
- Cast: Daniel Monaghan
- Cast: Sarah Morris
- Cast: Robbie O'Connor
- Cast: Michael Glenn Murphy
- Cast: Thomas Reilly
- Director: Louise Lowe
- Visual Artist: Owen Boss
- Sound Design: Carl Kennedy
- Lighting Design: Ciaran Bagnall
- Costume Design: Niamh Lunny
- Movement Director: Sue Mythen
- Voice Director: Andrea Ainsworth
- Assistant Set Design: Dylan Farrell
- ANU Production Manager: Ste Bourke
- ANU Stage Manager: Fiona Keller
- ANU Assistant Stage Manager: Leanna Cuttle
- ANU Assistant Stage Manager: Dylan Farrell
- Producer: Lynnette Moran
- Producer: Matt Smyth
- Publicity Photography: Patricio Cassinoni