All open positions at the Abbey Theatre will be posted here. Please check back regularly for job postings.
The Casting Director is responsible for casting all in-house productions. The process varies from show to show depending on cast sizes.
If you would like to submit a CV and headshot for an upcoming production, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also send any show invites to this address. The Casting Director is committed to seeing as many shows as possible.
Open Auditions are run periodically throughout the year. Subscribe to our industry newsletter or follow us on social media for updates and application details.
As part of our professional development programme, we partner with the following organisations: Sligo Institute of Technology, National University of Ireland Galway, Villanova University and the University of Notre Dame.
We are delighted to launch the next Abbey Theatre Transition Year Work Experience Programme. The week agreed for Transition Year programme 2023/2024 will be Monday, 11th December 2023 – Friday, 15th December 2023.
This exciting week-long programme promises to be a fantastic week of activity for students with an interest in theatre. You will get an opportunity to experience all areas of this industry from the technical stage areas to the casting / artistic side and everything in between. You will also have an opportunity to view a show from behind the scenes which is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
All applicants are required to go provide the following information:
- You must be available for Work Experience during the actual week, as set out by the Abbey.
- Completed application form link here.
- Basic Curriculum Vitae.
- An endorsement letter (which can be from a teacher, community worker, drama coach, which demonstrates your overall interest in theatre).
- All above to be sent to by email to TY.Programme@abbeytheatre.ie
- The window for applications to be accepted for review is Friday 22nd September – Friday 27th October 2023 (unfortunately we cannot accept applications before or after this date).
All applications will be part of a selection process which includes submission and review of the above information as well as the below considerations:
- Equal opportunities across Ireland
- Commitment to Gender equality and Diversity
- Creative Analysis
Places are limited; therefore we will unfortunately not be able to accommodate everyone. However we will contact all applicants directly by no later than Friday 17th November 2023.