An Abbey Theatre Production
The Unmanageable Sisters
14 June - 3 August 2019
A version of Michel Tremblay’s Les Belles-Soeurs by Deirdre Kinahan
Dates: 14 June – 3 August
On the Abbey Stage
Free First Preview: 14 June
Tickets: €13 – €45 / Conc. €13 – €30
Running Time: 2 hours and 30 minutes including an interval
Early bird tickets available until 1 May.
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 212
Sign language interpreted performance: Thursday 27 June, 7:30pm
Touch Tour of Stage and Set: Wednesday 31 July, 12:45pm
Audio-described and captioned performance: Wednesday 31 July, 2:00pm
Following a smash-hit run in 2018, The Unmanageable Sisters returns in summer 2019.
Green Shield stamps, a million of them, and Ger Lawless has won them all.
It’s Ballymun in 1974 and happiness is at her fingertips.
But when 15 friends and family gather to help her claim her winnings, all bets are off!
During one fateful night, these determined women bring you into their lives in the ferociously funny The Unmanageable Sisters – Deirdre Kinahan’s new version of Michel Tremblay’s fêted Quebecois comedy, Les Belles-Soeurs.
Please note: Performance times vary depending on the day. Please take extra note of your performance time when booking.
Summer Ticket Offer
This summer, The Unmanageable Sisters will be performed in rep on the Abbey Stage with Two Pints.
See both shows for just €40 when you book your tickets at the same time.
Summer Season Timelapse
Summer Season Set Tours
Photos © Ros Kavanagh
- Rose O'Brien: Karen Ardiff
- Gabby Joyce: Clare Barrett
- Lilly de Courcey: Charlotte Bradley
- Olive Doyle: Noelle Brown
- Angie Smith: Catherine Byrne
- Ruthie Barrett: Rachael Dowling
- Patsy Guerin: Lisa Lambe
- Janet Mooney: Sarah Madigan
- Marie Boyle: Deirdre Molloy
- Linda Lawless: Clare Monnelly
- Teresa Doyle: Helen Norton
- Yvonne Long: Mary O'Driscoll
- Ger Lawless: Marion O'Dwyer
- Dolly Snow: Rynagh O'Grady
- Lisa Pearse: Caoimhe O'Malley
- Additional Voices: Owen Roe
- Writer: Michel Tremblay
- A new version by: Deirdre Kinahan
- Director: Graham McLaren
- Set Designer: Colin Richmond
- Costume Designer: Joan O'Clery
- Lighting Designer: Sinéad McKenna
- Sound Designer: Carl Kennedy
- Movement Coordinator: Eddie Kay
- Hair and Make up: Val Sherlock
- Voice Director: Andrea Ainsworth
- Associate Sound Designer: Derek Conaghy
- Casting: Maureen Hughes and Sarah Jones
26/27 Lower Abbey Street