The National Theatre of Scotland by arrangement with Marla Rubin Productions Ltd and Bill Kenwright in association with the Abbey Theatre
Let the Right One In
18 November - 20 January 2018
** Extra Dates Added **
Dates: 18 Nov 2017 – 20 Jan 2018
On the Abbey Stage
Free First Preview: 18 November
Previews: 20 – 21 November
Times: Mon – Sat 7.30pm, Matinees Sat 2pm
Tickets: €13 – €45 / Conc. €13 – €30
Tickets for Teens: €13
Running Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes including an interval
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 266
Sign language interpreted performance: Thursday 4 January, 7:30pm
Audio-described and captioned performance: Saturday 6 January, 2:00pm
A supernatural thriller and coming-of-age love story from the makers of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
** Extra Dates Added – now running until Saturday 20 January **
Oskar is a lonely, bullied teenager who lives with his mother on the edge of town. Eli just moved in next door. She doesn’t go to school and stays indoors all day.
These two young misfits soon forge a deep connection but, when a series of mysterious killings plagues the neighbourhood, their friendship is tested beyond all imaginable limits.
Following runs in London and New York, Let the Right One In comes to the Abbey with a new Irish cast as the centrepiece of our winter season.
Tony and Olivier award-winning director John Tiffany directs a script adapted for the stage by Jack Thorne, based on the original vampire novel by John Ajvide Lindqvist and film by Tomas Alfredson.
Recommended for adults and fearless teenagers aged 13+
This production contains violence, strong language, loud noises and flashing lights.
'close to a triumph'
'beautiful and heartbreakingly sad'
The Herald Scotland
'both the bleakest and most compassionate of vampire stories'
The New York Times
'the gasp, so rarely heard in the theatre, rings out often here'
'an enchanting production that builds to a gasping, bravura climax'
The Hollywood Reporter
- Oskar’s Dad and Ensemble: Richard Clements
- Oskar: Craig Connolly
- Hakan: Nick Dunning
- Jimmy and Ensemble: Gavin Fullam
- Jonny: Jamie Hallahan
- Micke: Tommy Harris
- Eli: Katie Honan
- Halmberg and Mr Avila: Bob Kelly
- Oskar’s Mum: Ruth McGill
- Based on the Novel and Screenplay by: John Ajvide Lindqvist
- Adapted for the Stage by: Jack Thorne
- Director: John Tiffany
- Movement Director: Steven Hoggett
- Designer: Christine Jones
- Lighting Designer: Chahine Yavroyan
- Sound Designer: Gareth Fry
- Associate Costume Designer: Aileen Sherry
- Special Effects Designer: Jeremy Chernwick
- Wigs and Make-Up: Val Sherlock
- Associate Director (Abbey Theatre presentation): Luke Kernaghan
- Associate Movement Director (Abbey Theatre presentation): Eddie Kay
- Associate Special Effects Designer: Niamh O’Meara
- Music: Ólafur Arnalds
- Voice Director: Andrea Ainsworth
- Casting Director (Abbey Theatre): Kelly Phelan
- Casting Director (National Theatre of Scotland): Laura Donnelly CDG
- Production Manager (Abbey Theatre): Andy Keogh
- Production Manager (National Theatre of Scotland): Chris Hay
- Producer (National Theatre of Scotland): Margaret-Anne O’Donnell
- Stage Supervisor (National Theatre of Scotland): Martin Woolley
- Stage Manager: Diarmuid O’Quigley
- Deputy Stage Manager (Abbey Theatre): Tara Furlong
- Deputy Stage Manager (National Theatre of Scotland): Emma Skaer
- Assistant Stage Manager: Orla Burke