Abbey Theatre presents Theatre Lovett
17 August - 1 September 2018
Dates: 17 August – 1 September
On the Peacock Stage
Free First Preview: 17 August
Previews: 18 – 20 August
Times: Mon – Sat, 8pm
Tickets: €25 / Conc. €20
Running Time: Approx. 1 hour and 10 minutes (no interval)
Early Bird tickets available until 6 July.
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 212
Not recommended for under 16s.
Sign language interpreted performance: Thursday 30 August, 8:00pm
A modern mutation of Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.
This daring adaptation of Mary Shelley’s classic re-imagines Victor Frankenstein as a gene-splicing molecular biologist who creates human life from his own DNA, with catastrophic results.
Speaking from a holding cell, Frankenstein is desperate to set the record straight.
A modern ghost story and psychological thriller, this version of Frankenstein aims to chill us with the darkness we hold within our DNA — and our hearts.
Age Guidance: Not recommended for under 16s.
Please note that there is brief use of strobe lighting.
A 'gripping adaptation'
'A gripping theatrical experience'
Sunday Business Post
'Beautifully realised in a supremely riveting, one man performance'
The Arts Review
'Marvellously brought to life in Louis Lovett's storming performance'
'This play transcends its genre... it's a finely tuned symphony of movement, sound and lighting'
'West's script is clever and perceptive... Sarah Jane Shiels' spectacular lighting... creates a brilliant psychosis made of light'
- Cast: Louis Lovett
- Writer: Michael West
- Director: Muireann Ahern
- Set Design: Ger Clancy
- Lighting Design: Sarah Jane Shiels
- Composer and Sound Design: Dunk Murphy
- Ingénieur: Jack Phelan
- Costume Design: Liadain Kaminska
- Sculptural Works: Ger Clancy and Matthew Kennedy in association with ArtFx Ltd
- Make Up Consultant: Lorraine McCrann
- Production Manager: Lisa Mahony
- Theatre Lovett Stage Manager: Clare Howe
- Abbey Theatre Stage Manager: Tara Furlong
- Producer: Jeanine MacQuarrie
- Publicity and Production Photography: Ros Kavanagh
26/27 Lower Abbey Street