Abbey Theatre and Lyric Theatre, Belfast Production
31 October - 10 November 2018
Dates: 31 October – 10 November
On the Peacock Stage
Free First Preview: 31 October
Times: Mon – Sat 8pm, Sat Matinee 2.30pm
Tickets: €18 – €25 / Conc. €16 – €20
Running Time: 2 hours 30 minutes including a 20 minute interval.
Early Bird tickets available until 18 September.
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 212
"Germany calling! Germany calling! This is Radio Hamburg and here is William Joyce with a commentary on today’s news."
Double Cross creatively pitches two real-life Irishmen against each other in World War 2’s propaganda battle. Brendan Bracken the British Minister for Information, and Nazi broadcaster William Joyce, better known as Lord Haw-Haw. Both parts are played by Ian Toner, who is joined by Charlotte McCurry and Ian Kearns.
Originally performed in 1986 by the Field Day Theatre Company, Double Cross now takes on a new relevance in an era of heightened nationalism and ‘fake news’.
- 10 – 27 October at the Lyric Theatre, Belfast
- Lord Castlerosse/ Lord Beaverbrook (Max Aitnen) / Fire Warden, Enrich and all other male roles: Sean Kearns
- Margaret / Popsie / Journalist and all other female roles: Charlotte McCurry
- Brendan Bracken / William Joyce: Ian Toner
- Writer: Thomas Kilroy
- Director: Jimmy Fay
- Set Design: Ciaran Bagnall
- Costume Design: Gillian Lennox
- Lighting Design: Paul Keogan
- Sound Design: Chris Warner
- Video Design: Neil O'Driscoll