Co-commissioned by Dublin Dance Festival and the Abbey Theatre
11 - 13 November 2021
Liz Roche Company / Crash Ensemble
Venue: O’Reilly Theatre
Dates: 11 – 13 November, 7.30pm
Tickets: €25 / €20 conc.
A moving tapestry of live music and dance exploring human connection.
DDF is delighted to present the premiere of an ambitious large-scale piece that marks the culmination of a collaboration between choreographer Liz Roche and composer David Coonan, developed from a suite of short films shared as part of the Summer 2021 Edition.
Part gathering, part concert, part improvisation, this long-awaited live performance is about people gathering together in a time of fractured connections and shifting environments. It explores the desires and compulsions in the urge to move, the charge that circulates in a crowd, the connections between music and movement in shifting spaces of togetherness and separation.
Dēmos is performed by an exceptional cast of eight dancers from Liz Roche Company and musicians from Crash Ensemble, playing live and recorded. Breathtaking music and innovative design take centre stage alongside sublime choreography in this multi-disciplinary work.
Commissioned by Dublin Dance Festival and the Abbey Theatre, in partnership with Crash Ensemble and New Music Dublin. Liz Roche Company is strategically funded by The Arts Council of Ireland | An Chomhairle Ealaion
Musical improvisations for ‘Hand in Hand’ and ‘Landscape(s)’ were conceived in collaboration between the composer and musicians Kate Ellis and Brian Bolger.
Fresh and immediate, the work offers hope and comfort.
- Choreographer & Director: Liz Roche
- Composer: David Coonan
- Dancer: Glòria Ros Abellana
- Dancer: Justine Cooper
- Dancer: Kévin Coquelard
- Dancer: Lucia Kickham
- Dancer: Yumi Lee
- Dancer: Luke Murphy
- Dancer: Emily Terndrup
- Dancer: Mufutau Yusuf
- Musician (Live): Kate Ellis (Cello)
- Musician (Live): Brian Bolger (Guitar)
- Musician (Live): Alex Petcu (Percussion)
- Musician (Recorded): Larissa O'Grady
- Musician (Recorded): Macdara Ó Seireadáin
- Musician (Recorded): Barry O'Halpin
- Musician (Recorded): Máire Carroll
- Set & Costume Designer: Katie Davenport
- Lighting Designer: Sinead McKenna
- Projections: José Miguel Jiménez
- Dramaturg: Shane O'Reilly
- Music Producer & Sound Engineer: Adrian Hart
- Photographer: Steve O'Connor
- Production Manager: Eamonn Fox
- Stage Manager: Lisa Krugel
- Set Build: Theatre Production Services
- Band Coordinator: Jonathan Pearson
The Misunderstanding of Myrrha
2 - 3 November 2021
Floating on a Dead Sea (Longford)
26 - 27 November 2021