Abbey Theatre in partnership with Culture Ireland
Dear Ireland: Reflections on a Pandemic
20 March - 17 April 2021
Premieres 20th March at 6pm.
In April 2020, the Abbey Theatre began the Dear Ireland series.
Dear Ireland was originally conceived as a rapid response to the pandemic, to support artists during the early days of lockdown. It soon evolved into a project where the national theatre could communicate directly with their audience and the citizens of Ireland.
Three editions later, and with over 250,000 views, the national theatre are thrilled to partner with Culture Ireland to present Dear Ireland: Reflections on a Pandemic.
Join us as we relive some of the powerful performances from each series, including special guest interviews with Abbey Theatre Co-Directors and some of the participating artists and contributors.
This production is a part of Culture Ireland’s five day festival SEODA. Running from 17th-21st March 2020, read more about the festival and the festival’s programme here.
In memory of Rynagh O’Grady (1954-2021).
- Dear Ireland I, “A Start”, Gina Moxley and Timmy Creed.
- Dear Ireland I, “Dear Ireland you will hardly notice my absence”, Rosaleen McDonagh and Sorcha Fox.
- Dear Ireland II, Sinead Troy and Jade Jordan.
- Dear Ireland II, Ava Stapleton and Rynagh O’Grady.
- Dear Ireland III, “Vulnerable”, Run of the Mill Theatre (Aisling Byrne and Mark Smith).
Dear Ireland: Reflections on a Pandemic Participants
- Additional Filming & Editor: Maurice O'Brien
- Creative: ZOO Design
- Artwork: Maser
- Music: Ray Harman and Lisa Lambe
26/27 Lower Abbey Street