Chun an leathanach seo a léamh i nGaeilge, cliceáil anseo.
The residency aims to support artists by providing a base and platform at the Abbey theatre. The directors residency with the theatre will provide exposure to the workings of the theatre, masterclasses and professional workshops as well as encouraging the practice and individuation of each artist.
This new programme will begin in 2022 and will include:
- At least one opportunity to be an assistant director on an Abbey Theatre production or co-production.
- Attending professional practice workshops and masterclasses, led by Abbey Theatre associates, and national and international practitioners.
- Mentoring by the Artistic and Associate Director.
- Access to and experience of the running of the theatre, attending and observing planning and management meetings and spending time in departments such as marketing, community and education, casting, production and development.
- Attendance of regular script and programming meetings.
- Engage with the New Work Department and Producers
- We will seek to develop opportunities, funding allowing, for resident directors to direct projects, plays or outreach engagements produced by the Abbey.
We want to support four resident directors who have demonstrated a commitment to and aptitude for a career in professional directing. We invite applications from directors who are passionate about their learning and growth as well as the future of theatre. We want to hear from a diverse and exciting group of makers, from around the country, who want to be supported in their bid to expand their talent and skills as directors.
Directors must be available for a week-long inhouse induction and intensive week as well monthly masterclasses and regular script/programming meetings also. Dates and schedule to be confirmed.
Successful candidates will receive a fee of €12,000 for the residency along with all the development opportunities above.
This programme will be designed to support directors who need to supplement their residency with additional work.
The closing date for applications is noon, 3rd December.
All applications will be considered as part of the initial assessment process based on the selection criteria below A shortlisting and interview process may be undertaken.
All applicants need to complete the application in full.
Complete the application here