An Abbey Theatre production
This Beautiful Village
6 - 27 June 2020
by Lisa Tierney-Keogh
Dates: 6 – 27 June
On the Abbey Stage
Free First Preview: Sat 6 June
Times: Mon – Sat 7.30pm, Sat Matinees 2pm
Tickets: €13 – €45 / Conc. €13 – €32
Early Bird tickets available until 25 April
Running Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes with no interval
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 222
Following its sold-out premiere in 2019, This Beautiful Village returns to the Abbey Stage, followed by a national tour.
‘Paul, darlin’, this isn’t a democracy. It’s a residents association.’
On a quiet street in leafy, suburban Dublin, local residents meet about a piece of graffiti.
Who did it? What does it mean? And what’s to be done about it? They have wine and a quorum. Nothing can go wrong.
This Beautiful Village is a razor-sharp play that exposes every side of what it means to co-exist in Ireland today. Set over one night, six people will confront their pride, prejudice and privilege.
It won’t be pretty. But it could be beautiful.
- Writer: Lisa Tierney-Keogh
- Director: David Horan
- Set Design: Ciaran Bagnall
- Costume Design: Katie Davenport
- Lighting Design: Sarah Jane Shiels
- Composer & Sound Design: Carl Kennedy
- Voice Director: Andrea Ainsworth
- Dramaturg: Louise Stephens
- Casting (2020): Sarah Jones
- Casting (2019): Amy Rowan