The Abbey Theatre and the Lyric Hammersmith
The Plough and the Stars (London)
15 March - 7 April 2018
Dates: 15 March ‐ 7 April
at the Lyric Hammersmith
Times: Evenings: Mon – Sat 7.30pm, Sat Matinee 2.30pm
Tickets: £15 ‐ £40
Running Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Seen by over 50,000 people in Ireland and the US, Sean Holmes' refreshed, high-energy restaging of The Plough and the Stars now travels to the Lyric Hammersmith.
Th’ time is rotten ripe for revolution
Set amid the tumult of the Easter Rising, The Plough and the Stars is the story of ordinary lives ripped apart by the idealism of the time.
The residents of a Dublin tenement shelter from the violence that sweeps through the city’s streets. A revolution that will shape the country’s future rages around them. What kind of Ireland awaits them?
The Plough and the Stars was first performed at the Abbey Theatre in 1926. The audience rioted. Now regarded as a masterpiece, this provocative play is an essential part of our understanding of 1916.
Recently performed during the centenary of the Easter Rising, Olivier Award-winning director Sean Holmes returns with this production of Sean O’Casey’s absorbing play.
- Jack Clitheroe: Ian-Lloyd Anderson
- Nora Clitheroe: Kate Stanley Brennan
- Peter Flynn: Niall Buggy
- Sgt. Tinley: Charlie Cassen
- Bar-tender: John Currivan
- Fluther Good: Phelim Drew
- Bessie Burgess: Hilda Fay
- Cpt. Brennan: Liam Heslin
- Mollser: Julie Maguire
- Lieut. Langon: Paul Mescal
- Mrs Gogan: Janet Moran
- The Young Covey: Ciaran O'Brien
- Corporal Stoddart: Adam Strawford
- Rosie Redmond: Nyree Yergainharsian
- Written by: Sean O'Casey
- Director: Sean Holmes
- Set Designer: Jon Bausor
- Costume Designer: Catherine Fay
- Lighting Designer: Paul Keogan
- Sound Designer: Philip Stewart
- Casting: Kelly Phelan