An Abbey Theatre and Theatre Royal Stratford East co-production in association with National Theatre of Scotland and Covent Garden Productions
24 June - 22 July 2017
Dates: 23 June – 22 July
Preview: 24 June
on the Abbey stage
Times: Mon – Sat 7.30pm, Matinees Sat 2pm
Tickets: €13 – €45 / Conc. €13 – €25
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 266
Sign language interpreted performance: Thursday 13 July, 7:30PM
Audio-described and captioned performance: Saturday 22 July, 2:00PM
A new stage adaptation of Emma Donoghue’s international bestselling novel, Room, with a haunting score by Kathryn Joseph and Cora Bissett.
Previously adapted for the screen by Donoghue, the film won Academy Awards, Golden Globes and BAFTAs.
Kidnapped as a teenage girl, Ma has been locked inside a purpose built room in her captor’s garden for seven years. Her five year old son, Jack, has no concept of the world outside and happily exists inside Room with the help of Ma’s games and his vivid imagination where objects like Rug, Lamp and TV are his only friends. But for Ma the time has come to escape and face their biggest challenge to date: the world outside Room.
Emma Donoghue’s story of survival is ingeniously staged
Writer Emma Donoghue talks with Lisa Farrelly about adapting Room for the stage, the life of the mind and the thrill of collaboration.
- Stephen Casey: Grandpa / Doctor
- Darmani Eboji: Little Jack
- Taye Kassim Junaid-Evans: Little Jack
- Janet Kumah: Policewoman / Interviewer
- Fela Lufadeju: Big Jack
- Liam McKenna: Old Nick
- Lucy Tregear: Grandma
- Witney White: Ma
- Harrison Wilding: Little Jack
- Emma Donoghue: Writer
- Cora Bissett: Music & Lyrics
- Kathryn Joseph: Music & Lyrics
- Cora Bissett: Director
- Lily Arnold: Designer
- Gavin Whitworth: Musical Director
- Alexandra Faye Braithwaite: Sound Designer
- David Cauchi: Puppet Designer
- Andrzej Goulding: Video Projection Designer