Youth Theatre Ireland Presents
R.U.R. Rossum's Universal Robots
21 - 26 August 2017
Dates: 21 – 26 August
on the Peacock Stage
Preview: 21 August
Times: Mon – Sat 8pm, Matinees Sat 2.30pm
Tickets: €18 – €25 / Conc. €16 – €20
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 266.
"Robots of the world! The power of man has fallen! A new world has arisen: the Rule of the Robots! March!"
Rossum’s factory mass produces a global supply of humanoid robots, perfecting the formula over decades. As the Robots take over every aspect of human labour and people become idle, a robot rebellion is in the air…
R.U.R. (‘Rossum’s Universal Robots’) is a science-fiction classic, famed with inventing the ‘robot.’ Written in Czechoslovakia during the inter-war years, the play argues the importance of universal human values in an age of technical progress.
This gloriously dystopic fantasy is a century-old warning for the modern world, served up by the young cast of the National Youth Theatre.
- Cast: Elliot Nolan, Kildare Youth Theatre; Maria Lee, Dublin Youth Theatre; David Rawle, Leitrim Youth Theatre Company Carrigallen; Georgia Cooney, M.A.D. Youth Theatre; Molly Mew, Roscommon Youth Theatre; James Quinn, Backstage Youth Theatre, Longford; Pattie Maguire, C.I.T. Cork School of Music Youth Theatre; Josh Campbell, Glengarriff Youth Theatre Group; Amaya Gillespie, Activate Youth Theatre, Cork; John Paul Cosgrove, Monaghan Youth Theatre; Graham Butler Breen, Kildare Youth Theatre; Sean McManus, Dublin Youth Theatre; Sarah Stafford, County Carlow Youth Theatre; Aoife Connolly O’Sullivan, Dublin Youth Theatre; Isolde Fenton, Limerick Youth Theatre; Ryan Haran, Explore Youth Theatre, Leixlip, Co. Kildare.
- Writer: Karel Čapek
- Director: Caitríona McLaughlin
- Assistant Director: John Taite
- Set Design: Kate Moylan
- Costume Design: Niamh Lunny
- Lighting Design: Kevin Smith
- Movement Director: Sue Mythen
- Composer and Sound Designer: Carl Kennedy