A Dylan Tighe and Abbey Theatre co-production
Pasolini's Salò Redubbed
26 September - 5 October 2019
by Dylan Tighe
Dates: 26 September – 5 October
On the Peacock Stage
Times: Mon – Sat 8pm, Sat Matinee (5 Oct) 2.30pm
Tickets: €22 – €25 / Conc. €16 – €22
Running Time: 2 hours and 10 minutes (no interval)
Post-Show Talk: Sat 5 Oct (matinee)
Age Guidance: 18+
Early Bird Booking until 15 August
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 87 222
Sign language interpreted performance: Thursday 3 October, 8:00pm
A live redubbing of Pier Paolo Pasolini's controversial 1975 film 'Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom'
Pasolini’s Salò Redubbed daringly transposes Pasolini’s notorious final film to Ireland.
This radical adaptation by Dylan Tighe explores the beliefs and values behind ‘coercive confinement’ and their enduring impact on the power relations and injustices of contemporary Ireland.
Pasolini’s Salò Redubbed is a fearless allegory of abuses of power, structural violence, masculinity and class supremacy.
Please note: This performance contains graphic scenes of a violent and sexual nature.
Funded through an Arts Council Project Award. Development funded by Trinity Creative Challenge 2018. Supported by the Italian Cultural Institute and Mermaid Arts Centre.
Post-Show Talk, Saturday 5 October (Matinee)
Join us for a post-matinee talk on Pasolini’s Salò Redubbed with Dylan Tighe.
If you are attending the matinee performance and would like to remain for the post-show talk, please stay in your seats and enjoy the conversation.
If you don’t have a ticket for the matinee but would like to attend the talk, please meet in the foyer at 4.30pm and we will do our best to accommodate you.
'...a shocking, emotionally impactful, perhaps even traumatic, reminder of the nature of what we are talking about'
''Salò, or The 120 Days of Sodom' has been called nauseating, shocking, depraved, pornographic... It's also a masterpiece'
- Cast: Thomas Collins
- Cast: Peter Gaynor
- Cast: Lauren Larkin
- Cast: Niamh McCann
- Cast: Gina Moxley
- Cast: Will O'Connell
- Cast: Daniel Reardon
- Directed and Adapted by: Dylan Tighe
- Lighting Design: Aedín Cosgrove
- Video Design: José Miguel Jiménez
- Assistant Video Design: Eavan Aiken
- Set Design: Aedín Cosgrove and Dylan Tighe
- Post-Production Sound Design: Kevin Gleeson
- Sound Engineer and Additional Design: Alexis Nealon
- Costume Supervisor and Stylist: Ellen Kirk
- Assistant Director: Grace Morgan
- Production Manager: Anthony Hanley
- Stage Manager: Baz O'Donovan
- Assistant Stage Manager: Roxzan Bowes
- Producer: Gwen Van Spijk
- Dramaturgical Support: Colin Murphy and Louise Stephens
- Production Photography: Luca Truffarelli
- Publicity Image: Courtesy of Park Circus/MGM Studios
Redemption Falls (Galway and Dublin)
24 July - 19 October 2019
Last Orders At The Dockside
23 September - 26 October 2019