A Dylan Tighe and Abbey Theatre co-production
Pasolini's Salò Redubbed
26 September - 5 October 2019
by Dylan Tighe
Dates: 26 September – 5 October
On the Peacock Stage
Times: Mon – Sat 8pm, Sat Matinee (5 Oct) 2.30pm
Tickets: €22 – €25 / Conc. €16 – €22
Running Time: Approx. 2 hours and 15 minutes (no interval)
Age Guidance: 18+
Early Bird Booking until 15 August
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 212.
Sign language interpreted performance: Thursday 3 October, 8:00pm
A live redubbing of Pier Paolo Pasolini's controversial 1975 film 'Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom'
Pasolini’s Salò Redubbed daringly transposes Pasolini’s notorious final film to Ireland.
This radical adaptation by Dylan Tighe explores the beliefs and values behind ‘coercive confinement’ and their enduring impact on the power relations and injustices of contemporary Ireland.
Pasolini’s Salò Redubbed is a fearless allegory of abuses of power, structural violence, masculinity and class supremacy.
Please note: This performance contains graphic scenes of a violent and sexual nature.
Funded through an Arts Council Project Award. Development funded by Trinity Creative Challenge 2018. Supported by the Italian Cultural Institute and Mermaid Arts Centre.
'Tighe continually suggests new possibilities'
'One of the strangest and most beautiful shows of the Dublin Theatre Festival'
Colm Tóibín on 'No Worst There is None'
''Saló, or The 120 Days of Sodom' has been called nauseating, shocking, depraved, pornographic... It’s also a masterpiece'
- Cast: Lauren Larkin
- Cast: Niamh McCann
- Cast: Gina Moxley
- Cast: Will O'Connell
- Cast: Daniel Reardon
- Directed and Adapted by: Dylan Tighe
- Lighting Design: Aedín Cosgrove
- Video Design: José Miguel Jiménez
- Set Design: Aedín Cosgrove and Dylan Tighe
- Post-Production Sound Design: Kevin Gleeson
- Sound Engineer and Additional Design: Alexis Nealon
- Costume Supervisor and Stylist: Ellen Kirk
- Assistant Director: Grace Morgan
- Production Manager: Anthony Hanley
- Stage Manager: Baz O'Donovan
- Producer: Gwen Van Spijk
- Publicity Image: Courtesy of Park Circus/MGM Studios