Irish Society of Stage and Screen Designers
16 November 2017
Date: Thursday 16 November
Time: 9am – 4pm
ISSSD Professional Members: €10.00
ISSSD Student, Graduate & Associate Members: €15.00
Non Members: €30.00
ISSSD Membership + Conference: €60.00
To book tickets contact Box Office on (01) 87 87 222.
Exploring the future of design for stage and screen
Projections is a one-day conference hosted by the Irish Society of Stage and Screen Designers.
Theatre, Television and Film practice is ever-evolving and it is inevitable that new innovations and approaches will impact on how designers work.
The conference will foster discussion between designers and their collaborators and provide an opportunity to meet fellow practitioners from parallel design disciplines.
Topics on the day will include:
- Spectacle, community and digital futures.
- The evolving relationship between director and designers.
- New technologies and the impact they may have on the design process.
- Rachel West – Head of Theatre, Arts Council of Ireland
- Donatella Barbieri – Senior Research Fellow in Theatre Design for Performance, LCF
- Noeline Kavanagh – Artistic Director, Macnas
- Lynne Parker – Artistic Director, Rough Magic Theatre Company
- Shane Sutton – Award-winning Film Maker and Artist
Join us to discuss, embrace and challenge the future of design for stage and screen.