Abbey Theatre presents Raw Material in association with Regular Music
13 - 16 February 2019
Dates: 13 – 16 February
On the Abbey Stage
Times: Wed – Sat 7.30pm, Thurs & Sat Matinee 2pm
Tickets: €13 – €45 / Conc. €13 – €30
Running Time: 2 hours including an interval
Please Note: There will be strobe lighting, haze and loud noises.
Age Guidance: 12+
Early Bird tickets available until 8 January.
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 212.
Sign language interpreted performance: Thursday 14 February, 7:30pm
A life-affirming musical drama based on the true story of seven feisty teenagers fighting for the rights of their asylum-seeking best friend.
Glasgow Girls is the song-and-dance-filled Scottish musical drama based on the true story of seven teenagers, whose lives change forever when their friend and her asylum-seeking family are forcibly taken from their home to be deported.
The young women take a stand and fight for the rights of their friend and, ultimately, for the rights of all children of asylum-seekers, inspiring a whole community to unite behind its residents.
This potent political drama uses uplifting songs, music, dance and humour to tell the Glasgow Girls’ tale. Its universal appeal and ecstatic audience response ensured it was a massive hit at Edinburgh Fringe 2016, selling more tickets than any other show in the festival.
Winner of the Amnesty International Freedom of Expression Award 2016.
British Theatre Guide
'An utter knockout'
'Deserving of their standing ovation'
The Wee Review
'Raw and heartbreaking'
The Sunday Express
The Reviews Hub
- Mr Girvan: Callum Cuthbertson
- Agnesa: Chiara Sparkes
- Roza: Sophie Lewis
- Noreen: Terry Neason
- Ewelina: Stephanie McGregor
- Jennifer: Shannon Swan
- Emma: Kara Swinney
- Amal: Aryana Ramkhalawon
- Ensemble / Composer: Patricia Panther
- Musician / Fiddle: Laura Jane Wilkie
- Conceived for the stage and Directed by: Cora Bissett
- Book by: David Greig
- Original Musical Arrangements: Hilary Brooks
- Musical Director and Arrangement Updates: Gavin Whitworth
- Set Design / Costume Updates: Jessica Brettle
- Original Set / Costume Design: Merle Hensel
- Choreography: Natasha Gilmore
- Lighting Design: Lizzie Powell
- Sound Design: Garry Boyle
- Original Sound Design: Fergus O'Hare
- Composers: Cora Bissett, Hilary Brooks, Kielty Brothers, MC SoomT Patricia Panther. (To A Mouse - Robert Burns in an arrangement by the Battlefield Band)