A Landmark Productions and Abbey Theatre co-production
15 April - 13 May 2023
Written by Henrik Ibsen
A new version written and directed by Mark O’Rowe
Dates: 15 April – 13 May
On the Abbey stage
Previews: 15 – 18 April
Tickets: €13 – €45
Times: Mon – Sat 7.30pm, Sat matinee 2pm
Early bird tickets available until 1 February.
Sign language interpreted performance: Friday 5 May, 7.30pm
‘Didn’t you say there isn’t anything you wouldn’t do for me?’
After several years abroad, Helena Alving’s son has returned home. He carries with him a terrifying secret.
Ibsen’s Ghosts, one of the greatest plays ever written, is a devastating moral thriller in which ideas of love, duty and family are mercilessly put to the test.
This spectacular new version, written and directed by one of Ireland’s leading playwrights, Mark O’Rowe, grabs you by the throat from the outset and refuses to let go – all the way to its electrifying climax.
- Helena Alving: Cathy Belton
- Regina Engstrand: Simone Collins
- Pastor Manders: Declan Conlon
- Jacob Engstrand: Lorcan Cranitch
- Oswald Alving: Calam Lynch
- Written by: Henrik Ibsen
- A new version written and directed by: Mark O’Rowe
- Set Designer: Francis O’Connor
- Costume Designer: Joan O’Clery
- Lighting Designer: Sinéad McKenna
- Sound Designer: Aoife Kavanagh
- Publicity Image: Patricio Cassinoni