Junkyard Dog Productions and Smith & Brant Theatricals in partnership with the Abbey Theatre
Come From Away
6 December - 19 January 2019
Members’ Booking Now Open!
On General Sale, Monday 2 July
Dates: 6 December – 19 January
On the Abbey Stage
Free First Preview: 6 December
Previews: 7,8 &10 December
Times: Mon – Sat 7.30pm, Matinees Sat 2pm
Tickets: €20 – €50 / Conc. €13 – €30
Running time: 1 hour, 40 minutes without an interval
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 212
Recommended for ages 10+
Discover the remarkable true story of a small town that welcomed the world.
WINNER! BEST MUSICAL ACROSS NORTH AMERICA
CRITICS’ PICK – NEW YORK TIMES
As it continues sold-out, record-breaking engagements on Broadway, across the USA and in Canada, Come From Away will land in Dublin for its long-awaited European premiere, ahead of its West End transfer.
This joyous new musical shares the incredible real-life story of the 7,000 air passengers from all over the world who were grounded in Canada during the wake of 9/11, and the small Newfoundland community that invited these ‘come from aways’ into their lives.
As uneasiness turned into trust and music soared into the night, gratitude grew into friendships and their stories became a celebration of hope, humanity and unity.
Awarded the Tony® for Best Direction of a Musical, Christopher Ashley’s production guides audiences through a colourful and spirited cast of characters, brought to life by Tony® and Grammy® nominated writing team Irene Sankoff and David Hein.
Featured Image: Original Broadway Cast
- Book, Music, Lyrics: David Hein
- Book, Music, Lyrics: Irene Sankoff
- Director: Christopher Ashley
- Musical Staging: Kelly Devine
- Music Supervisor, Musical Arrangements: Ian Eisendrath
- Scenic Design: Beowulf Boritt
- Costume Design: Toni-Leslie James
- Lighting Design: Howell Binkley
- Sound Design: Gareth Owen
- Orchestrations: August Eriksmoen
- Casting: Pippa Ailion CDG & Natalie Gallacher CDG