Abbey Theatre Presents
24 January - 3 February 2018
Dates: 24 January – 3 February
On the Peacock Stage
Free First Preview: 24 January
Times: 8pm, Matinees Sat & Wed 2.30pm
Tickets: €25 / Conc. €20
Running Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Early Bird tickets available until 6 January.
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 226
Age Guidance: 14+
Sign language interpreted performance: Thursday 1 February, 8:00pm
Following a sell-out run at the Dublin Theatre Festival, Iseult Golden and David Horan explore the complications and comedy when three adults find themselves back in class.
‘”So, who does the homework with Jayden?” might sound like a normal question for a teacher to ask a parent. In this new play… it’s a ballistic missile.’ (The Sunday Times)
Brian and Donna’s son is nine years old, and he’s struggling. That’s what his teacher says. Says he should see a psychologist. But Brian and Donna – recently separated – never liked school, never liked teachers. So are they going to trust this one? And should they?
A parent-teacher meeting goes very, very wrong in CLASS – a new play about learning difficulties: in school, in life, wherever.
CLASS was first produced in association with the Civic Theatre and the Dublin Theatre Festival.
Iseult Golden and David Horan are independent theatre artists who have worked together on new adaptations and original work for over a decade. This is their seventh collaboration.
'An inspired look at society through the prism of a parent-teacher meeting'
The Sunday Times
'Hugely entertaining and immaculately performed scenes from a school room'
The Irish Times
'An emotionally explosive triple confrontation'
Mail on Sunday
'The characters are beautifully realised both in the writing and the acting'
No More Workhorse
- Brian & Jayden: Stephen Jones
- Donna & Kaylie: Sarah Morris
- Mr. McCafferty: Will O’Connell
- Written & Directed by: Iseult Golden
- Written & Directed by: David Horan
- Set & Costume Design: Maree Kearns
- Lighting Design: Kevin Smith
- Sound Design: Ivan Birthistle
- Sound Design: Vincent Doherty
- Production Manager: Adrian Mullan
- Production Manager, Abbey Theatre: Andy Keogh
- Stage Manager: Sarah Robb
- Stage Manager, Abbey Theatre: Orla Burke
- Irish Sign Language Interpreter: Ali Stewart