Dublin Dance Festival in association with the Abbey Theatre
15 - 16 May 2018
Dates: 15 – 16 May
On the Abbey Stage
Tickets: €13 – €40
Running Time: 1 hour, 20 mins without an interval
Post-Show Talk: 16 May
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 97 226
Ground-breaking star of the flamenco world, the astonishing Patricia Guerrero presents her celebrated show Catedral as part of Dublin Dance Festival 2018.
Winner of the Critics’ Choice Award for Best Performance at Seville’s renowned Bienal de Flamenco in 2016, in Catedral Guerrero transforms the stage into a sacred, spiritually charged space. In this densely atmospheric world of phantoms, light and shadow, a woman battles her demons, raging against the religious and social constraints that paralyse her.
Four dancers, three musicians, two opera singers and one flamenco singer create an explosive interplay of dance and live music. Drawing from the worlds of flamenco, religious singing and lyrical chant, Catedral is a captivating and provocative expression of the traditional flamenco form.
'Patricia Guerrero, a new path to excellence.'
'A masterpiece that makes us dream of everything this woman from Granada can still offer us.'
- Choreographer & Principal Dancer: Patricia Guerrero
- Dancer: Maise Márquez
- Dancer: Ana Agraz
- Dancer: Laura Santamaría
- Counter-tenor: Daniel Pérez
- Tenor: Diego Pérez
- Singer: José Ángel Carmona
- Guitar: Juan Requena
- Percussion: Agustín Diassera
- Percussion: David 'Chupete'
- Set Design: Juan Dolores Caballero
- Music Composition: Juan Requena / Agustín Diassera
- Lighting Design: Manuel Madueño
- Sound Design: Rafael Pipió / Ángel Olalla
- Costume Design: Laura Capote
26/27 Lower Abbey Street