Youth Theatre Ireland presents the National Youth Theatre
Ask Too Much of Me
19 - 24 August 2019
by Dylan Coburn Gray
Dates: 19 – 24 August
On the Peacock Stage
Times: Mon – Sat 8pm, Sat Matinee 2.30pm
Tickets: €22 / €18
Running time: 2 hours, 20 minutes including an interval
Affiliated Youth Theatre group discounts available; please contact box office.
For the 2019 National Youth Theatre, Artistic Director Veronica Coburn and playwright Dylan Coburn Gray have worked with an ensemble cast of sixteen young people from youth theatres across Ireland to create a new play around the idea of faith.
There’s more to know than there ever was before, meaning maybe we’re more ignorant because we don’t know. So if you’re not feeling small, lost or afraid, then you’re not paying attention.
Ask Too Much of Me follows young people living together outside the law in the turbulent first half of 2018.
They have a lot of questions and few answers, meaning they live by faith even if they don’t live by god.
Where is safe? Who can I count on? Can love save us? Is a better world impossible just because we can’t imagine it?
Come along, but expect no answers.
Please note that Ask Too Much of Me contains language and subject matter that some viewers may find confronting. For more information, please contact our box office.
- Sasha: Sammy Cahn
- Ciara: Caitlin Hebron
- Mal: Eimear Hussey
- Sally: Sarah Kelly
- Sim: Seán Kenneally
- Dean: Daniel Madden
- Paige: Pippa Molony
- Rachel: Penny Morris
- Amy: Abigail Mulcahy O’Connell
- David: Darragh O’Donnell
- Olivia: Olwyn O’Donoghue Patterson
- Jacob: James O’Leary
- Danielle: Allie Parsons O'Neill
- Jack: Daniel Penrose
- Matt: Michael Tient
- Breffni: Blaithín Ward
- Artistic Director: Veronica Coburn
- Writer: Dylan Coburn Gray
- Set and Costume Design: Molly O’Cathain
- Composer and Sound Design: Sinéad Diskin
- Assistant Director: Barry Morgan
- Choreography: Sibéal Davitt and Olwyn Lyons
- Lighting Design: Sarah Jane Shiels
- Assistant Costume Design: Neasa Flannery
- Voice Coach: Andrea Ainsworth
- Production Manager: Marie Tierney
- Stage Manager: Suzie Cummins
- Set Construction: Jason Coogans
- Scenic Finishing: Susan Crawford
- Assistant Stage Manager: Eoin Daly
- Assistant Stage Manager Intern: Vanessa Byrne
- Produced by: Alan King and Eoghan Doyle
- Press Photography: Mark Stedman
- Production Photography: Ros Kavanagh
- Poster Illustration: Hexibit
- Publicist: Christine Monk
- Head of Welfare: Louise Holian