The 24 Hour Plays: Dublin
28 January 2018
Date: 28 January
On the Abbey Stage
Tickets: €45 – €120
The 24 Hour Plays: Dublin is back for one night only!
After sold-out shows for the past six years, The 24 Hour Plays: Dublin is back for the seventh year in a row to benefit Dublin Youth Theatre.
Within 24 hours, six short plays will be written, rehearsed and performed by the best of Irish writing and directing talent and over two dozen of Ireland’s most recognised and beloved stars of stage and screen. A team of over 30 theatre technicians, including producers from The 24 Hour Company in New York will facilitate the work.
The playwrights include Sam Atwell, Sinead Moriarty, Orla McGovern and Ciara Elizabeth Smyth.
The plays will be directed by Michael Barker-Caven, Jo Mangan, Mark O’Brien, Jeda De Brí and Davey Kelleher.
The full cast list is below and final members of the creative team will be announced in the coming weeks.
All proceeds from this special gala fundraising event go directly to Dublin Youth Theatre, raising over €75,000 In ticket sales and donations from the past six events.
The 24 Hour Plays: Dublin is supported by BNP Paribas Real Estate. The 24 Hour Plays is presented under a license and with the participation of The 24 Hour Play Company, New York, NY.
- Cast: Susan Bracken (Creditors, The Best Place For Love)
- Cast: Charlie Bonner (Red Rock, Kings of the Kilburn High Road)
- Cast: Aidan Crowe (Ripper Street), Tiernan Kearns (Vikings)
- Cast: Carrie Crowley (Acceptable Risk, Vikings, Fair City)
- Cast: Anthony Delaney (Hellboy, Fair City, Penny Dreadful)
- Cast: Mark Doherty (Nowhere Fast, Moone Boy)
- Cast: Ashleigh Dorrell (All Honey, Animalia)
- Cast: Wes Doyle (Fair City, Running With Dinosaurs)
- Cast: Sorcha Furlong (Fair City)
- Cast: Orla Fitzgerald (The Wind That Shakes the Barley)
- Cast: Luke Griffin (The Mario Rosenstock Show)
- Cast: Rose Henderson (Take Off Your Cornflakes, Boom?, Ruby Tuesday)
- Cast: Aidan Kelly (Eden, Inside The GPO)
- Cast: Lisa Lambe (Last Days of the Celtic Tiger, Celtic Woman)
- Cast: Margaret McAuliffe (The Humours of Bandon, Anna Karenina)
- Cast: Daithi Mac Suibhne (Fair City, Ros na Rún)
- Cast: Mary McEvoy (Glenroe, Nowhere Fast)
- Cast: Pat McGrath (Bang Bang, Small Plastic Wars, Love/Hate)
- Cast: Clare Monnelly (Nowhere Fast, Moone Boy, Charlie's a Clepto)
- Cast: Jed Murray (Centenary 1916, Sure Thing)
- Cast: Mark O’Regan (Angelas Ashes, Father Ted, Leap Year)
- Cast: Noni Stapleton Stapleton (Penny Dreadful, Charolais)
- Cast: Robbie O’Connor (Hentown, PALS, Northern Star)
- Cast: Marion O’Dwyer (The Red Shoes, The Heiress)
- Cast: Caoimhe O’Malley (Juno and the Paycock, The Constant Wife)
- Cast: Alison Spittle (Nowhere Fast, Worrier Princess)
- Cast: Keith Walsh (2fm Breakfast Show)