Abbey Theatre presents
From Eden / Northern Lights
10 - 21 November 2020
By Stephen Jones
Dates: 10 – 21 November
On the Peacock Stage
From Eden: 10 – 14 November
Northern Lights: 17 – 21 November
Times: Tues – Sat 8pm, Sat Matinee 2.30pm
Tickets: €18 – €25 / Conc. €16 – €20
From Eden: 55 minutes
Northern Lights: 70 minutes
Early Bird tickets available until 30 October
Age Guidance: 12+
Content Warning: Some strong language and themes of suicide
To book for a group of 6+ call (01) 87 87 222
Two plays from the award-winning Stephen Jones running over two weeks on the Peacock Stage
A tender, comic drama about two lost individuals – Alan and Eva – who find themselves locked in a bathroom together on New Year’s Eve while the party continues outside the door.
It’s an ideal meeting… Once upon a time, only once, unexpectedly.
WINNER OF THE STEWART PARKER TRUST/BBC NI RADIO DRAMA AWARD
On a rainy night in Dublin, Lloyd and Áine seek refuge in one another, both harbouring secrets and nurturing ghosts… separate on the surface but connected in the deep.
Northern Lights is a compelling comedic drama, skilfully delivering laughs, tears and a little light that never goes out.
We’re busy preparing to safely welcome back our artists, staff and audiences to the building. This includes:
- Reducing our capacity to 24 in the Peacock Auditorium, plus one wheelchair space in the loge
- Cabaret seating with 2m distancing from each table in place
- Operating general admission, tickets will be sold in pairs and you’ll be directed to your allocated seat by our front of house team
- Using e-tickets where possible, which should be displayed on your phone
- Floor markings to aid social distancing
- Contactless payments are preferred, with the spending limit increasing to €50
- Providing table service only in our bars
- Reducing our bathroom capacity, with maximum signage displayed
We’ll be updating our website soon with further information on our adapted customer experience.
'One of the most acidly funny, needle-sharp short plays I’ve seen in quite a while'
The Sunday Independent
'The Performances are beautifully nuanced, expertly shaped by the unfussy direction of Karl Shiels, and the writing by Stephen Jones is sharp and concise with hardly a word out of place.'
The Irish Mail on Sunday
'A thoroughly engaging, emotionally articulate, funny and clever work.'
'This strongly voiced new play is very funny, with two superb actors sparking off each other hilariously'
The Sunday Times
- Cast: Stephen Jones
- Cast: Seána Kerslake
- Writer: Stephen Jones
- Director: Karl Shiels
- Associate Director (Northern Lights): Amilia Keating