In association with the Abbey Theatre
2 - 26 August 2018
Dates: 2 – 26 August
Tickets: Full price £20.50
Standard concession £15.50
U30s / Students £15
Other concession £9.50
Running Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
Age Guidance: 14+
Following a sell-out run on the Peacock Stage, Iseult Golden and David Horan explore the complications and comedy when three adults find themselves back in class.
‘”So, who does the homework with Jayden?” might sound like a normal question for a teacher to ask a parent. In this new play… it’s a ballistic missile.’ (The Sunday Times)
Brian and Donna’s son is nine years old, and he’s struggling. That’s what his teacher says. Says he should see a psychologist. But Brian and Donna – recently separated – never liked school, never liked teachers. So are they going to trust this one? And should they?
A parent-teacher meeting goes very, very wrong in CLASS – a new play about learning difficulties: in school, in life, wherever.
CLASS was first produced in association with the Civic Theatre and the Dublin Theatre Festival.
Iseult Golden and David Horan are independent theatre artists who have worked together on new adaptations and original work for over a decade. This is their seventh collaboration.
- 24 – 29 July, Galway International Arts Festival (An Taibhdhearc)
- 2 – 26 August, Edinburgh Festival Fringe (Traverse Theatre)
'An inspired look at society through the prism of a parent-teacher meeting'
The Sunday Times
'three terrific performances, two exceptional writers and directors, and one extraordinarily brilliant script'
The Arts Review
'Hugely entertaining and immaculately performed scenes from a school room'
The Irish Times
'An emotionally explosive triple confrontation'
Mail on Sunday
'All three performances are excellent... Top of the class.'
'The characters are beautifully realised both in the writing and the acting'
No More Workhorse
- Brian & Jayden: Stephen Jones
- Donna & Kaylie: Sarah Morris
- Mr. McCafferty: Will O’Connell
- Written & Directed by: Iseult Golden
- Written & Directed by: David Horan
- Set & Costume Design: Maree Kearns
- Lighting Design: Kevin Smith
- Sound Design: Ivan Birthistle
- Sound Design: Vincent Doherty
- Company Manager: Ioanna Anderson
- Production Manager: Eoin Kilkenny
- Stage Manager: Emma Coen
24 - 29 July 2018