An Taibhdhearc and the Abbey Theatre present
BAOITE | BAIT (GALWAY)
12 - 22 July 2018
Dates: 12 – 22 July
Previews: 12–14, 7.30pm
Matinees: 14 & 22 July, 2pm
Performed in Irish with English Surtitles
...an ciúnas a chreimfeas an ceantar seo – níos measa ná ceimiceán ar bith...
A fishing family leads a desperate fight to defend their coastal community from the imminent threat of offshore fracking – but as the constant pressure of campaigning mounts, hidden fractures appear in the once-solid clan, as lies, legacies, deceit and ultimate betrayal undermine the family and destroy the community.
Allegiances are torn – the community are split, until a trawler tragedy unites it in grief. But when the truth begins to emerge about what actually happened, our perception of right and wrong is turned on its head. David v Goliath. The principled v the pragmatist. Tradition v innovation. Truth trying to swim against tides of omerta…
Having written and directed the multi-award winning TV crime series Corp + Anam, this new Abbey commission by Darach Mac Con Iomaire sees the welcome return to the stage of one of Ireland’s most exciting writers.
Scéinséir dorcha faoi lánúin iascaireachta a bristear ó chéile de bharr ciúnas agus bréaga an phobail agus iad sáite in agóid in aghaidh comhlachta fraiceála mara.
Presented in association with Galway International Arts Festival
- Cáit: Siobhan O'Kelly
- Tom: Diarmuid De Faoite
- Pat: Macdara Ó Fátharta
- Simon: Seán T. Ó Meallaigh
- Written & Directed by: Darach Mac Con Iomaire
- Set Design: Seán Ó Flaithearta
- Costume Design: Clíodhna Hallissey
- Lighting Design: Adam Fitzsimons
- Live Music: Saileog Ní Cheannabháin
- Live Music: Maitiú Ó Casaide
- Music/Sound Design: Steve Lynch
- Stage Manager/Rigger: Eoghan Ó Giobúin
- Set Construction: Gavin Morgan
- Publicity: Ciara Ní É
- Production Manager: Féilim Ó hAoláin