The Abbey Theatre is committed to protecting your privacy. Our private policy statement below will inform you on how and why we store your data, what type of data we hold and how it is used. Should you have any questions about please contact us (see below).
Your information in our system
When you visit our website you can do so without submitting any personal data. However, if you wish to receive our e-communications, book online for tickets, purchase merchandise, membership or gift vouchers you will be asked to register with us. This involves submitting your name, address, phone number, email address or credit card details when applicable. This information is used to process your order and to provide you with the service you may have requested.
If you have provided credit card details, these will only be used for the purpose of handling an individual booking or order.
You will also be asked if you wish to receive information from the Abbey Theatre. Your decision to have further communications from us is recorded on your record and adhered to. You can change your preference for communication with the Abbey Theatre at any point which will be recorded immediately. You will be given the opportunity to opt-out of any direct marketing campaigns, which we may engage in from time to time.
Your record on our database system holds the contact details you submitted to us, transactions you’ve made, a record of communications we would have sent to you, and whether or not you have given us permission to contact you and if so, what your preferred method of contact is. If you would prefer to have your booking history removed from our database, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will immediately do so.
Why we collect data on our customers
Collecting data on our customers informs us on how best to communicate with you and inform you about events, and also to present you with special offers at the Abbey Theatre that we judge may be of interest to you based on your transaction history. This information helps the Abbey Theatre understand more about who our audiences are and what their preferences may be. This information helps us make decisions around the conduct of our business.
How we collect information
Your data is collected in the following ways with your consent:
- When you purchase a ticket (or tickets), merchandise, membership or gift voucher(s) through the Abbey Theatre Box Office or online your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our Box Office system, Tessitura. You may, of course, purchase a ticket (or tickets) in person without supplying the aforementioned personal data. Please be assured that we don not share your personal details with any other company without your consent.
- When you sign up for our e-newsletter online your name, address data, email and contact number (if submitted) will be stored in our Box Office system, Tessitura.
- If you contact us to let us know you want to receive information from the Abbey Theatre about upcoming events your name, address data, email and contact number will be stored in our Box Office system, Tessitura.
How your Personal Data is kept confidential
In order to protect your personal data and to maintain its quality we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data, such as credit card details. SSL encryption is designed to make the data unreadable by anyone but us.
We also have measures in place that limits the access to your information. Only those employees who need to come into contact with that data, to provide products and services to you, will do so. Our database system has high security measures in place and all activity on your record is password protected.
Cookies & Web Beacons
When you use the Abbey Theatre website information is received using cookies and web beacons about your visit. You can disable cookies on your computer by following the instructions outlined in your help function. However, you will be unable to purchase tickets or use any booking-related features once your cookies are disabled.
For statistical and strategic planning purposes information generated from cookies and web beacons helps us determine:
- The number of first time and repeat visits. (this is identified by the IP address of your webserver)
- The traffic on the website, pages visited, and length of time spent on the website.
- The IP address of the users webserver.
- The top level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .net, .biz).
- The previous website address from which the user reached us, including any search criteria used.
- The number of visits which shows the traffic of users around this website (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded).
- The type of web browser used by the website user.
Access to your Personal Data
If you would like to review the data we hold for you on our database please contact us (see below for full details) and we’ll arrange for this information to be disclosed to. For security reason we will ask you to provide proof of identification. You also have the right to rectify or delete inaccuracies in your personal data, and to object to the processing of your personal data.
If you need further assistance or would like to make a comment, please e-mail email@example.com or contact us at the following address:
26/27 Lower Abbey Street
T: +353 (0)1 887 2200
F: +353 (0)1 872 9177