The shortlist for the Irish Times Irish Theatre Awards 2016 was announced on Saturday 14 January 2017.
We were delighted to receive 16 nominations for six plays throughout the year. Congratulations to everyone involved in these productions in 2016!
Abbey Theatre nominations for 2016 include:
Town is Dead by Phillip McMahon with music by Raymond Scannell, directed by Phillip McMahon
· Best new play
· Best actress – Barbara Brennan for her role as Ellen
· Best supporting actress – Kate Gilmore for her role as Katarina
· Best sound design – Raymond Scannell and Ben Delaney
· Best lighting design – Sarah Jane Shiels
The Plough and the Stars by Sean O’Casey, directed by Sean Holmes
· Best director – Sean Holmes
· Best production
· Best supporting actress – Janet Moran for her role as Mrs Gogan
· Costume design – Catherine Fay
Observe the Sons of Ulster Marching Towards the Somme by Frank McGuinness, directed by Jeremy Herrin (a co-production with Citizens Theatre, Headlong and Liverpool Everyman & Playhouse)
· Best set design – Ciaran Bagnall
· Best lighting design – Paul Keogan
· Best sound design – Emma Laxton and Stephen Warbeck
Cyprus Avenue by David Ireland (a co-production with the Royal Court Theatre, London)
· Best new play
· Best actor – Stephen Rea for his role as Eric
Othello by William Shakespeare, directed by Joe Dowling
· Best actor – Marty Rea for his role as Iago
The Wake by Tom Murphy, directed by Annabelle Comyn
· Best supporting actor – Brian Doherty for his role as Finbar
See the full list of nominees here. The award ceremony takes place on Sunday 5 March at 7pm in the National Concert Hall. Best of luck to all of the nominees!
Your Comments & Reviews
Looks like no comments have been added yet - why not add your own?