Here at the Abbey Theatre we are committed to continually seeking talented, enthusiastic and self-motivated professionals and support staff to join our team. The Abbey Theatre employs an array of staff across Marketing, Press and Publicity, Stage, Ticketing, Production, Human Resources, Administration, Customer Services, Development, Maintenance, Executive and many other areas.
Benefits vary according to the position, but typically would include:
Full details of pay and benefits packages are available upon specific job application.
Whether you’re interested in looking at a specific job, gaining an insight into what it’s like working with us or finding out about current opportunities we hope you found your visit helpful. Please visit us again to keep up to date with future developments
Please see below for a list of our current vacancies.
We were delighted to launch the new Abbey Theatre Transition Year Work Experience Programme in April 2012. We have offered 60 transition year students the opportunity to gain an insight into all areas of the Abbey Theatre during our six programmes since then.
The week-long programme promises to be an exciting week of activity for anyone with an interest in the theatre. Students get an opportunity to experience all areas of the theatre from the technical stage areas to the casting and artistic side of the theatre and everything in between. They will also have an opportunity to view a show from behind the scenes which is a once in a lifetime opportunity.
Places on this programme are limited so there is a selection process in place.
To apply for inclusion in this work experience programme please follow the steps below.
1. You must be available for Work Experience during the weeks laid down by the Abbey Theatre; however, these dates are yet to be confirmed
2. You need to fill in a short application form (link below)
3. You need to provide a basic CV
4. You will need to provide a recommendation which demonstrates your interest in the theatre. This can be a teacher, community worker, drama coach etc. The recommendation should demonstrate you have a general interest in theatre
5. Optional – 1-2 minute short video by you outlining why you want to come to the Abbey for Work Experience.
As places are limited we will not be able to accommodate everyone but we will endeavour to notify you as soon as we can as to whether you will be included in this work experience week. If you are not included on this occasion there may be further opportunities so keep an eye on this section of the website for updates.